Math Foundational Services are designed to provide district level staff with information and tools as they work to develop, improve and align their mathematics curriculum. Training sessions will contain components to prepare participants to be able to:
- Analyze and explain the components of the ISBE Model Math Resources (Unit Maps and Scope and Sequences)
- Describe and analyze the balanced assessment suite (purposes of the varied assessment formats)
- Create and analyze real-world problems using the problem-solving structures described in the Illinois Learning Standards
- Describe connections between assessments and lessons
- Articulate the characteristics and goals of the Illinois Learning Standards.
- Articulate the characteristics and goals of the PARCC assessment.
- Apply the EQuIP rubric to evaluate a lesson or unit.
- Learn state-level expectations and available support for the Illinois Learning Standards of Mathematics
Foundational-Services Overview (with notes) (optional )
Foundational Services – COLOR Infographic
Informational Sheet for Math
Math Foundational Services listserv= email@example.com
NETWORKING FOR IMPLEMENTATION
The purpose of Networking for Implementation sessions is to provide participants an opportunity for deeper discussion around shared experiences and expertise for the purpose of implementing approved content in the approved Foundational Services areas. The Networking for Implementation opportunities are based on specific objectives as determined by identified needs for further implementation discussions and/or exploration of the resources along with sharing.
Networking for Implementation sessions may include one or all of the following objectives for participants within a focus topic:
- Examine a focus topic in depth to support implementation
- Share impacts, successes, and lessons learned related to the implementation of the focus topic by facilitator(s) and participants
- Ask and collaboratively address questions and challenges related to the implementation of the focus topic
Networking for Implementation Guidance Document and Facilitator Considerations
Networking for Implementation ppt
Materials for ISBE Math training through Foundational Services
*** http://www.ilclassroomsinaction.org/ — this is your one-stop “shopping” for everything related to Math. From the Classrooms in Action page, you can also get to Classroom Resources for Math or click this link to go directly to Math resources http://www.ilclassroomsinaction.org/math.html.
At the bottom of the Classrooms in Action page, click on the little white envelope titled “listserv signup” to receive the latest and greatest information from the Math Content Specialists. ***
Materials have been jointly developed and/or approved by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Introduction to Math Standards and Resources
- Mathematics Instructional Design, Delivery, and Assessments
- These training sessions, separated out by grade bands, will focus on the instructional shifts at the heart of the New Illinois Learning Standards for each grade band (K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12). Each individual session will model and explore mathematical instructional design, delivery and assessment, highlighting specific strategies and resources for each grade level and allow participants time to plan for how they will utilize these strategies and resources in their classrooms.
- Pre-post for Mathematics Instructional Design, Delivery, and Assessments
- Suggested PD Delivery Options
- PARCC Resource Center link — https://prc.parcconline.org/
- Materials for K-2 training
- Materials for 3-5 training
- Materials for 6-8 training
- Materials for HS presentation
|Math Core Planning Team
||CORE – lead FA
||CORE – Content
This program is fully (100%) funded with federal grant dollars.