Balanced Assessment Foundational Services provides educators with knowledge and resources in their quest to support student achievement through balanced assessments. With the Illinois Learning Standards as a foundation, supportive workshops and networking will provide schools with an understanding of PARCC and the PARCC Resource Center as well as examining current school assessment practices that inform instruction and measure student progress.
Foundational-Services Overview (with notes) (optional)
Foundational Services – COLOR Infographic
Informational Sheet for Balanced Assessment
Balanced Assessment Foundational Services Provider listserv = email@example.com
NETWORKING FOR IMPLEMENTATION
The purpose of Networking for Implementation sessions is to provide participants an opportunity for deeper discussion around shared experiences and expertise for the purpose of implementing approved content in the approved Foundational Services areas. The Networking for Implementation opportunities are based on specific objectives as determined by identified needs for further implementation discussions and/or exploration of the resources along with sharing.
Networking for Implementation sessions may include one or all of the following objectives for participants within a focus topic:
- Examine a focus topic in depth to support implementation
- Share impacts, successes, and lessons learned related to the implementation of the focus topic by facilitator(s) and participants
- Ask and collaboratively address questions and challenges related to the implementation of the focus topic
Networking for Implementation Guidance Document and Facilitator Considerations
Networking for Implementation ppt
Materials for ISBE Balanced Assessment training through Foundational Services
- Balanced Assessment Framework-Assessment Inventory (1 hour overview or a half day of training or as a Networking for Implementation offering)
- Participants will review assessments needed within a district or school to implement a balanced assessment system. A useful inventory tool, along with different types of assessments will be shared to optimize student achievement.
- State Assessments in a Balanced Assessment Framework (Networking for Implementation offering)
- All assessments administered in schools should influence instruction and lead to student achievement. This Networking for Implementation opportunity outlines the purposes of PARCC Assessment, as well as accompanying Score Reports. This training will share resources for keeping up-to-date on information related to PARCC and SAT (as more information becomes available). A myriad of PARCC resources will be discussed to help educators understand how this assessment can influence their teaching and student learning. Participants are encouraged to identify their needs prior to this Networking for Implementation opportunity so facilitators may plan accordingly.
- Pre-Post Assessment for State Assessments in a Balanced Assessment System
- PARCC Score Report and Wrapper Information Presentation
- Materials for PARCC Score Report and Score Wrapper
- The ppt and all related materials (handouts, facilitator resources, etc.) are located on the link above, which is on blendspace; blendspace is a free on-line tool and you have all the capabilities to utilize these materials and download at your convenience. If you want to create a free account, you may, but it is not necessary to access any of these materials.
- FAQ PARCC Reports — Evidence Statement Analysis and Content Standard Roster Reports
- Classroom Assessments in a Balanced Assessment Framework: (Full day of training)
- In a balanced assessment framework all assessments have a place in the school setting. In this information rich module, the foundations, uses and quality of classroom assessments will be explored and discussed. Teachers will leave having a vision of their own assessment literacy and how it fits within a balanced assessment framework.
- ISBE’s Balanced Assessment Website http://www.isbe.net/assessment/htmls/balanced-asmt.htm — go to this website for all the latest news on PARCC, the Assessment Inventory Tool, Assessment Literacy including sample classroom assessments, and information on measuring student growth. Want the latest information from ISBE on PARCC and assessments? Sign up for their listserv by sending a blank e-mail to a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “SUBSCRIBE” in the subject line from the email account you want to receive these listserv messages. Archived messages and information can be found here http://www.isbe.net/assessment/htmls/listserv.htm
|Foundational Services BA Core Planning Team
||CORE – lead FA
||CORE – ISBE
||CORE – Content
This program is fully (100%) funded with federal grant dollars