« All Events
AA 1448 – Illinois Performance Evaluation Retraining: Teacher Evaluator Competency Skill Building for Pre-qualified Teacher Evaluators
June 3 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm $275.00
- Administrators who evaluate teachers must demonstrate a high rate of inter-rater reliability and communicate evaluation outcomes in constructive and supportive ways.
- Administrators who evaluate teachers must also recognize and control for bias when conducting an evaluation and determining results.
- School districts in Illinois must provide professional development to administrators to strengthen these skills on a sustained basis.
- This course focuses on Domains 2 and 3 of the Charlotte Danielson 2013 Framework for Teaching.
- This course requires participants to view teaching, record data according to the Professional Practice rubric, and craft evaluation conferences that are both constructive and supportive.
- Participants will also be expected to have a high degree of inter-rater reliability when they determine a final rating based on the evidence gathered during the observations.