The Illinois Association of Regional Superintendents of Schools (IARSS) is proud to bring you our 2020 Illinois Educator Shortage Study and associated materials.
For several years, we have partnered with Goshen Education Consulting and higher education experts to survey schools across the state about the shortage of educators and to report our findings. This year, we have enhanced and expanded our report.
We have worked with Goshen to build this exciting online dashboard allowing users to dig deep into our Fall 2020 survey results. Please watch this video for a quick explanation of how to use the dashboard.
Access our Media Materials supporting the March 1 release of the report: news release, fact sheets, and social media content.
Our recent Educator Shortage reports:
- Finding a solution to Illinois' teacher shortage
- Highland Community College, Western Illinois partner to help fight teacher shortage
- Senator Bailey Opposes Teacher Mentor Bill - WRUL-FM
- Legislation aims to address teacher shortages in Illinois
- Legislators look to tackle Illinois' teacher shortage crisis
- Illinois Senate OK’s Measure Undoing Mandated Student Teacher Videos For Licensure
- Joyce Advances Bill to Let Retired Teachers Works More Hours as Substitutes
- Despite Fewer Job Openings, Educators Say Teacher Shortage Is Far From Over
- Darren Bailey: Help with state's teacher shortage
- Windhorst's Bill May Help Fill Teaching Vacancies
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact IARSS Educator Shortage Committee Chair John Meixner at [email protected], or Goshen Education Consulting’s Tom Withee at [email protected].