The Illinois Association of Regional Superintendents of Schools (IARSS) is proud to bring you our 2020 Illinois Educator Shortage Study and associated materials.
For several years, we have partnered with Goshen Education Consulting and higher education experts to survey schools across the state about the shortage of educators and to report our findings. This year, we have enhanced and expanded our report.
We have worked with Goshen to build this exciting online dashboard allowing users to dig deep into our Fall 2020 survey results. Please watch this video for a quick explanation of how to use the dashboard.
Access our Media Materials supporting the March 1 release of the report: news release, fact sheets, and social media content.
Our recent Educator Shortage reports:
Educator Shortage Podcasts
In a follow up to the rollout of the 2020 IARSS Educator Shortage Survey, IARSS President Mark Klaisner recently met in Springfield with members of the group’s committee that helped put this year’s report and policy recommendations together. Here are their podcast conversations about this year’s work.
- Feder: 'Windy City Live' founder proud of show's 10-year run
- Pass rates of teacher licensure tests show significant gaps
- Lawmakers pass several pieces of legislation to help address growing teacher, education support staff shortages | Illinois Education Association
- Two jobs, no benefits: Could efforts to help Illinois’ early educators take off?
- D203 and D204 officials say they don’t think teacher shortage will affect their ability to fill vacancies
- Can rural southern IL school districts find help within to solve teacher shortages?
- Shortage of school bus drivers felt by Central Illinois school districts
- Golden Apple program helping to address teacher shortage
- AG ED TEACHER SHORTAGE IN ILLINOIS
- Central Illinois Teachers gather to discuss nationwide teacher shortages
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact IARSS Educator Shortage Committee Chair John Meixner at [email protected], or Goshen Education Consulting’s Tom Withee at [email protected].