- This event has passed.
AA#1544: Using Protocols to Guide Professional Learning Conversations
February 1 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$210
Presenter: Donald Kachur
The focus of this course is on learning to use protocols to guide professional conversations. The structure of protocols includes steps to be followed in various types of conversation, the time allotted for each step, and the role different people in the group play (typically a facilitator, a presenter, and participants) in the conversation.
Participants will learn:
- about the value and types of protocols and how to design various protocols for different types of professional learning conversations
- how to conduct a Fine Tuning protocol for groups examining a teacher’s lesson or unit plans, assignments, exhibitions, assessment tools, or projects
- how to conduct the Vertical Slice protocol for examining students’ work to address the learning and teaching
- how to conduct the Consultancy protocol designed to help individuals or a team think more expansively about a particular, concrete problem or issue from his/her classroom/professional life
- apply the use of protocols in planning a meeting with a group of educators.