- This event has passed.
AA# 988 Interpersonal and Team Communication Skills for School Administrators
June 13, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$235
The foundation of professional success lies in understanding yourself, understanding others and realizing the impact of personal behaviors on others. This course provides a non-judgmental language for exploring the different communication styles and behavioral issues across four primary dimensions. The content is designed to help improve communication and to ease frustration and conflict so school administrators and team leaders are more effective in their roles. The course and supporting materials are based on extensive field research and testing by lnscape Publishing Company. The course utilizes an industry-based standard behavioral learning instrument and is facilitated using experiential learning techniques. Specifically, the course content can help administrators and team leaders to:
1. Identify the 4 primary communication styles and explain the general preferences
2. Understand their own behaviors and learn how to flex behaviors
3. Gain awareness of their approaches to managing others
4. Promote appreciation of differences in communication styles
5. Enhance individual and team performance
6. Reduce conflict
PERSONAL PROFILE REPORT®
A detailed personalized Personal Profile Report® is provided for each participant. The report from the assessment completion provides a non-bias view of the participants’ communication style, behaviors and a view of how others may see them. It serves as a multi-level learning instrument and the feedback in the report covers a broad range of behavior characteristics including:
• Behavioral strengths and weaknesses Motivating and de-motivating behaviors Tends to avoid
Behaviors in conflict situations
• Strategies for increased effectiveness
• Action planning.