Certification Committee Goals:
(Superintendent Steve Breese)
1. With ISBE
to create a calendar for the TSR system that will allow earlier access for ROEs
to use for compliance issues.
to establish a better sharing of the Certification Dollars for all processes.
3. Continue the email dialogue with local
office certification officers as a means to help with consistency across the
We continue to
desire training opportunities when funding is available.
4. Work on improvement of renewal process, standardize reinstatement penalties,
establish late fees for submitting after
June 30; establish a consistent drop dead date for requiring reinstatement.
5. Work with ISBE to become a part of the
development of new ideas so our knowledge of the practical application of
changes can be considered before it is law.
6. Initial to Standard certificate! Why.
7. Be a part of the work group that is creating the teacher evaluation tool that
is incorporating the student growth model in it.
Compliance Committee Report/Goals: (Assistant
Superintendent Cheryl Reifsteck)
Committee will review probe/reference prior to release (contact ISBE to obtain
2. Committee will issue timely
reminders/status checks to ROEs regarding the compliance process and assistance
(use email, promote AA on compliance visits)
3. Begin to initiate probe for 2012
Continue to request Read-Only capability for IWAS
5. Seek in-service on compliance visit for new IARSS members
Health Life Safety Committee Report/Goals:
(Assistant Superintendent Bob Sondgeroth)
1. Remove old handbook from ISBE website
2. Get new Chapter 1 updated and on ISBE web site
3. Review remaining chapters of old handbook – update and put entire updated
handbook on ISBE
4. Have ISBE staff do a webinar on
the annual report that is on IWAS
GED/TAOEP/RSSP Committee Report/Goals: (Assistant Superintendent Julie
Establish State Director/Coordinator/Point of Contact of GED
2. Request In-Service Committee to do session on administering GED test – GED
3. Survey membership to see
if they want GED training for GED testing staff
1. Ask for statewide directors’ meeting to include best model and practices.
2. Develop a strand of professional
development for working with At Risk kids
3. Have IARSS put more emphasis on RSSP/TAOEP funding
Committee Report/Goals: (Superintendent Gary Steinert)
1. To continue and expand the membership usage of Instant Messaging and Voice
over IP to
better communications between IARSS members – Gary Steinert/Mark Drone –
2. To develop a set of guidelines
for document archiving – Committee members – December
3. To explore the possibility of
developing a statewide community resource directory using the
IARSS webpage – Committee members – Ongoing.
4. To update and continue electronic versions of v-card, phone tree, 2010-2011
Directory of Illinois
Regional Superintendents and Assistants – Gary Steinert – Ongoing