27210 College Rd
Centralia, IL 62801
The new vision for K-12 science education and corresponding Next Generation Science Standards promotes a three-dimensional view of learning in which students learn and apply disciplinary core ideas (DCIs and cross-cutting concepts (CCCs) as then engage in science and engineering practices (SEPs). This workshop will cover how to build quality Three Dimensional Classroom Assessments in K-12 science, necessary for alignment to the Next Generation Science Standards. Information included in this training:
- What is Three Dimensional Assessment and how is it different from other assessments?
- Why do I need to learn how to use Three Dimensional Assessements?
- How do I assess Three Dimensional Learning as required by the NGSS?
- Assessmetn terminology for quality assessements
- Reviewing and evaluating current assessments
- Designing quality assessments and building resources for continuous improvement planning