Bring a colleague or meet one at this series of networking sessions to collaborate on the development of a fully-aligned NGSS unit for use in the classroom. Each step of storylining will be highlighted along the way with time devoted to work on each step of this unit-development process.
- Bundling performance expectations into units
- Unpacking the 3 dimensions
- Exploring phenomena (both investigative and anchoring)
- Designing a coherent sequence of instruction through questioning
- Developing a student product and beginning to consider rubrics and checklists
Each session will begin with teacher-led sharing of instructional strategies that target the necessary shifts of NGSS. Please bring a laptop and the materials you will need to plan your unit. A small registration fee will cover dinner costs. You must attend all 5 dates.
Dates: Sept. 21, 2016, Nov. 16, 2016, Jan. 24, 2017, Mar. 9 & May 10, 2017